You can use this Chia Seed mixture in vegan baking. It forms a jelly like substance, which acts as a glue. It is used to bind instead of eggs.
This vegan egg substitute will be the equivalent to using one egg in a recipe, although it is equally good for non-vegans, if you’ve run out of eggs!
Chia Seeds keep for ages and are always a handy staple to keep in the cupboard.
- These Mexican seeds may be good for your digestion and heart health.
- Lots of fibre and a high content of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Protein and all essential amino acids, making them a great complete plant protein source.
- Manganese for metabolism and development.
- Phosphorus which may promote healthy bones and tissue repair.
- Copper which may help support a healthy heart.
- Calcium which may help give healthy bones, nerves and muscles.
- Iron and Zinc may be found in Chia Seeds, but phytic acid within them may hinder their absorption.
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp Water
- Mix the Chia Seeds with the Water and let it stand for 5 minutes, until it is a jelly-like substance.