This page may contain affiliate links. Please see Affiliate Disclaimer
Sweet Chilli Chicken is sweet, salty and spicy, which is such a perfect combination. This dish has it all and is quick and easy. Your children will enjoy the slurp factor of the noodles.
The peppers and honey add the sweetness to the sauce. This recipe uses mild chilli powder, but you can use whichever heat chilli you like. The mild chilli is to make it more family friendly. Chilli flakes pack more of a punch, so be careful of the quantity if you’re using those.
The sauce coats the noodles and gives them the flavour they need. It clings onto them to reduce the friction, so you can get some good slurp action.
You can use Maple Syrup instead of honey in your Sweet Chilli Chicken, if you prefer. It tends to be sweeter, so you may not need as much.
Don’t overcook the noodles, as they will go too mushy. Cook according to the packet instructions.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 3 nests Dried Wholewheat Egg Noodles
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- Slice 1 Onion, 100g Mushrooms, 1 Red Pepper, 1 Yellow Pepper and crush 4 Garlic Cloves.
- Slice 4 86g Chicken Breasts into small thin pieces.
- Dry fry the Chicken Breast slices until browned. Ladle any excess waterout of the pan.
- Add the Onion and Garlic and cook until the Onion is clear.
- Add the Peppers and Mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp Soy Sauce, 2 tsp Mild Chilli Powder, 2 tsp Honey and 1 Chicken Stock Cube and mix well.
- Mix 1 tbsp Cornflour with enough cold water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the Cornflour mixture to the pan and mix in for a few seconds.
- Add enough boiling water to coat the meat and vegetables and bring tothe boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook 3 Nests of Wholewheat Egg Noodles according to the instructions on the pack.
- Drain the Noodles and mix in with the Chicken mixture.