Sweet Chilli Chicken is sweet, salty and spicy, which is such a perfect combination. This dish has it all.
The peppers and honey add the sweetness to the sauce. This recipe uses mild chilli powder, but you can use whichever heat chilli you like. The mild chilli is to make it more family friendly.
The sauce coats the noodles and gives them the flavour they need.
- Contains Choline, which is good for memory, mood and muscle control.
Onion and Garlic:
- Contain prebiotics, which are beneficial to gut health.
- Antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Boosts immune system.
- Antioxidants, which may help prevent cancer.
- High in Vitamin C.
- Selenium, which helps boost the immune system.
- Vitamin D.
- Phytonutrients, which may help lower LDL cholesterol. This type of cholesterol may clog arteries, if allowed to increase.
- You can use Maple Syrup instead of honey, if you prefer.
- Don’t overcook the noodles, as they will go too mushy. Cook according to the packet instructions.
Sweet Chilli Chicken
- 4 86g Chicken Breast: Boneless, Skinless
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 100 g Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Red Pepper
- 1 Medium Yellow Pepper
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Mild Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 Nests Wholewheat Egg Noodles
- Slice the Onion, Mushrooms and Peppers and crush the Garlic Cloves.
- Slice the Chicken Breasts into small thin pieces.
- Dry fry the Chicken Breast slices until browned. Ladle any excess water out of the pan.
- Add the Onion and Garlic and cook until the Onion is clear.
- Add the Peppers and Mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli powder, honey and stock cube and mix well.
- Mix the Cornflour with enough cold water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the Cornflour mixture to the pan and mix in for a few seconds.
- Add enough boiling water to coat the meat and vegetables and bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the Noodles according to the instructions on the pack.
- Drain the Noodles and mix in with the Chicken mixture.