When I first get up, all I want to do is walk around like a zombie. Eating muesli is the last thing I want to do. However, to prepare myself for my child zombie waking up, I need some energy.
This muesli is a positive powerhouse and an anti-zombie nutrient blast. It keeps you satisfied until lunchtime and slowly releases energy so you don’t get that snack attack slump mid morning.
- Slowly release their energy so that a mid-morning slump won’t attack.
- Contain soluble fibre, which may help lower blood cholesterol.
- May help with constipation, allowing your body to start the day with as few toxins as possible. I’m sorry for the reminder but it is necessary for you to stay healthy. Think of it as a broom sweeping all the rubbish into the bin, instead of under the carpet!
Sunflower and Pumpkin Seeds:
- High in magnesium and B vitamins, to help give your nervous system a boost.
- Contain iron, essential fatty acids and vitamin E. Vitamin E is much needed for the skin, after your fight with the pillow has had its face-scrunching effect. I’m not saying you’ll wake up like Sid James then have the complexion of a newborn, but every little helps.
- Contain selenium, which may help with metabolism and thyroid function.
What Goes Well With This?
It is good with strawberries and blueberries, added to sweeten it.
Natural yoghurt and milk helps to make it creamier.
Just make it a portion at a time. If you make a batch of it you don’t get an even distribution of all the ingredients in each portion.
Can’t be bothered making it first thing in the morning? Mix it in a lidded container, with the yoghurt and the milk. Leave it in the fridge overnight and just grab and go in the morning. What could be easier?
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 3 Brazil Nuts
- Mix all ingredients in a cereal bowl.
- Add milk.