Easy Chicken Curry is an easy to remember curry recipe as spices are added in equal amounts.
Its tomato base is mild enough for even a beginner curry eater. The tomatoes and peppers add a sweetness against the slight kick of the spice mix.
- High in Vitamin C, which helps with wound healing and improving immune function.
- Vitamin B6 which may help with metabolism of energy in the body.
- Vitamin K1, which is essential for blood clotting and healthy bones and kidneys.
- Potassium. This may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Copper, which helps maintain strong bones and healthy neurons.
- High in beta carotene, which your body converts into vitamin A.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants, which may help reduce the risk of a stroke and heart disease.
- Contains Choline, which is good for memory, mood and muscle control.
- Good for nausea. If you’re pregnant, check with your doctor about how much you can have.
- May help with muscle soreness.
- May reduce inflammation in the body.
- Good for indigestion, as it helps the stomach empty quicker.
Onion and Garlic:
- Contain prebiotics, which are beneficial to gut health.
- Antibacterial and antiviral.
- May help boost immune system.
- May help lower blood sugar levels.
- Contains antioxidants which help fight inflammation in the body.
- Lowers cholesterol.
- Works as an antioxidant and help relieve stress on the body.
- Helps improve memory.
- Antioxidants, which may help prevent cancer.
- High in Vitamin C.
What Goes Well With This?
- Sunshine Rice is a great accompaniment to Easy Chicken Curry and all curries.
- Any leftovers would be lovely on a baked potato for lunch the next day, or just with a salad.
- Add a dollop of Natural Yoghurt to the side of the plate, or mix it in with the curry, if it is too spicy for little ones in the family.
- Once you are familiar with the recipe you can adapt the spice levels to your taste.
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder or Chilli Flakes
- 1 thumb Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 200 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- Heat the oil and add all the spices, including the Ginger. Cook on a medium heat and cook for a minute.
- Add the Garlic and Onion and cook until the Onion is soft and more
- Add the Chicken and cook until it is slightly browned.
- Add the Peppers and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the Chicken Stock and Tinned Tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Sunshine Rice.