People often feel making a curry is too complicated and it’s easier to pick up the phone and call for a takeaway. Easy Chicken Curry is an easy to remember curry recipe, where spices are added in equal amounts.
This recipe will be prepared and on the table long before your takeaway will arrive.
This tomato-based curry is mild enough for even a beginner curry eater. The tomatoes and peppers add a sweetness against the slight kick of the spice mix.
- 80% of your Recommended Daily Amount of Vitamin A.
- 114% of your Recommended Daily Amount of Vitamin C.
- 22% of your Recommended Daily Amount of Calcium.
- 33% of your Recommended Daily Amount of Iron.
What Goes Well With This?
- Sunshine Rice is a great accompaniment to this and all curries.
- Any leftovers would be lovely on a baked potato for lunch the next day, or just with a salad.
- Add a dollop of Natural Yoghurt to the side of the plate, or mix it in with the curry, if it is too spicy for little ones in the family. Adapt the spice levels how you want, once you are familiar with the recipe.
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder or Chilli Flakes
- 1 thumb Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 200 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- Heat the oil and add all the spices, including the Ginger. Cook on a medium heat and cook for a minute.
- Add the Garlic and Onion and cook until the Onion is soft and more
- Add the Chicken and cook until it is slightly browned.
- Add the Peppers and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the Chicken Stock and Tinned Tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Sunshine Rice.