Easy Chicken Curry is an easy to remember curry recipe, as spices are added in equal amounts.
Its tomato base is mild enough for even a beginner curry eater. The tomatoes and peppers add a sweetness against the slight kick of the spice mix.
- High in Vitamin C, which may help with wound healing and improving immune function.
- Vitamin B6 which may help with metabolism of energy in the body.
- Vitamin K1, which is essential for blood clotting and healthy bones and kidneys.
- Potassium. This may reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Copper, which may help maintain strong bones and healthy neurons.
- High in beta carotene, which your body converts into vitamin A.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants, which may help reduce the risk of a stroke and heart disease.
- Contains Choline, which may help with memory, mood and muscle control.
- Good for nausea. If you’re pregnant, check with your doctor about how much you can have.
- May help with muscle soreness.
- May reduce inflammation in the body.
- Good for indigestion, as it helps the stomach empty quicker.
Onion and Garlic:
- Contain prebiotics, which are beneficial to gut health.
- Antibacterial and antiviral.
- May help boost immune system.
- May help lower blood sugar levels.
- Contains antioxidants which may help fight inflammation in the body.
- May help lower cholesterol.
- Works as an antioxidant and may help relieve stress on the body.
- May help improve memory.
- Antioxidants, which may help prevent cancer.
- High in Vitamin C.
What Goes Well With This?
Sunshine Rice is a great accompaniment to Easy Chicken Curry and all curries.
Any leftovers would be lovely on a baked potato for lunch the next day, or just with a salad.
Add a dollop of Natural Yoghurt to the side of the plate, or mix it in with the curry, if it is too spicy for little ones in the family.
Once you are familiar with the recipe you can adapt the spice levels to your taste.
Can I just use curry powder instead of combining all the spices in the recipe?
Of course. However, you will get a different flavour curry. This way seems to give a richer blend of the spices. However, if it makes it easier for you then these recipes are merely a guide for you to experiment with and fit into your lifestyle in the best way.
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Mild Chilli Powder or Chilli Flakes
- 1 thumb Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 4 Cloves Crushed Garlic
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 200 ml Chicken Stock
- 1 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- Heat the oil and add all the spices, including the Ginger. Cook on a medium heat and cook for a minute.
- Add the Garlic and Onion and cook until the Onion is soft and more
- Add the Chicken and cook until it is slightly browned.
- Add the Peppers and cook for a couple of minutes, then add the Chicken Stock and Tinned Tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Sunshine Rice.