Curried Roasted Carrot Parsnip and Lentil Soup makes great use of leftovers from your roast dinner. My Paprika Roast Carrots and Parsnips will form the basis of the soup and the lentils will add some filling protein to the mix.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants, which may help reduce the risk of a stroke and heart disease.
Onion and Garlic:
- Contain prebiotics, which are beneficial to gut health. If your gut is healthy, then it lays great foundations for your overall health.
- Antibacterial and antiviral.
- May help boost immune system.
- Fibre is mainly found in the skin, so do not peel unless the recipe says you should, or you prefer the skin removed.
- May help to lower cholesterol.
- The orange colour is from beta cerotene, which converts to Vitamin A in our bodies.
- May help improve eyesight in dim light. You never see a rabbit wearing glasses!!
- High in Vitamin C, which may help with wound healing and improving immune function.
- High in fibre, so supports healthy digestion.
- Great source of plant protein to help make this lentil soup filling.
- High in fibre, so helps support healthy digestion.
- Potassium, Magnesium and Folate may help to control blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Calcium for healthy bones.
- May help lower blood sugar levels.
- Contains antioxidants which help fight inflammation in the body.
Do red lentils need to be rinsed before cooking?
No. They don’t need to be rinsed, but it may remove any dust from them, if you like your lentils super clean.
Can I refrigerate my soup, once cooked?
Yes. Cool the soup before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. It should be fine for a couple of days. Heat thoroughly in a pan.
Can I freeze my soup, once cooked?
Yes. Cool before storing in an airtight container in the freezer. Store it in portion sizes you are likely to need. Heat thoroughly in a pan from frozen, or defrost in the fridge before heating in a pan.
Curried Carrot, Parsnip and Lentil Soup
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Potato
- 150 g Carrot and Parsnips (Paprika Roast Carrots and Parsnips recipe)
- 100 g Dried Red Lentils
- 1 tbsp Curry powder
- Fresh Coriander
- 1 Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 4 cloves Garlic (crushed or chopped finely)
- Fry the Onion and Garlic gently in the Olive Oil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Potato, Red Lentils and Curry Powder and fry for another minute.
- Add the Carrots and Parsnips (Paprika Roast Carrots and Parsnips recipe) and heat through gently.
- Add Vegetable Stock and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until the Potato is cooked.
- Blend with a stick blender until you reach the consistency you prefer.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle the Fresh Coriander on top.