Chicken Tomato Pasta is my son’s favourite tea and a clean plate is guaranteed.
The Honey takes away the tangy taste of the Tinned Tomatoes and the Dried Basil fills your kitchen with a fantastic aroma.
The Fusilli Pasta allows the tomato sauce to catch on it and envelope its spirals.
Onion and Garlic:
- Prebiotics in the onion and garlic improve your gut is health.
- Antibacterial and antiviral.
- May help boost immune system.
- Antioxidants, which may help prevent cancer.
- High in Vitamin C.
- Rich in Selenium, which help boost your immune system.
- Vitamin D.
- Phytonutrients, which may help lower LDL cholesterol. This type of cholesterol may clog arteries, if allowed to increase.
- Contains choline, which is good for memory, mood and muscle control.
- May be high in sodium. It is probably best left out of recipes if you have high blood pressure or need to reduce your sodium intake.
- High in B vitamins, which give you energy.
- May help decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. This may reduce the risk of heart disease. It should only be eaten in moderation.
- High in insoluble fibre, which bulks out the stool and helps to prevent constipation.
- High in carotenoids, which your body can turn into vitamin A.
- Vitamin C for healthy skin and immune system.
- Vitamin K1 helps prevent blood clotting. Half the recommended daily amount is provided by one spinach leaf.
- Folic acid which is great for pregnant women to help promote healthy growth of the baby.
- Iron to feed body tissue with oxygen.
- Calcium for healthy bones, nervous system, heart, and muscles.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants, which may help reduce the risk of a stroke and heart disease.
What Goes Well With This?
- Serve with Feta sprinkled over the top.
- Garlic bread is perfect with Chicken Tomato Pasta, but it will increase the calorie content of your meal considerably.
- Mixing together the Chicken Stock and Marmite will give a more even mixture, before pouring into the pan.
- Cool to room temperature and store in the fridge for a couple of days.
- Cool to room temperature and freeze. If cooking from frozen, empty into a pan and heat through thoroughly.
Chicken Tomato Pasta
- 1 tbsp Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Cubed)
- 1 Orange Pepper (Chunks or Slices)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (Chunk or Slices)
- 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (Crushed or Finely Chopped)
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 400 g 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- 2 tsp tsp of Dried Basil
- 1 tsp tsp Yeast Extract
- 1 tsp tsp Honey
- 2 cups Spinach
- 300 g Fusilli Pasta
- Black Pepper
- Heat a pan with the Olive Oil on a medium heat.
- Cook the Onion in the Olive Oil for a couple of minutes, until soft and transparent.
- Add the Chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the Orange and Yellow Pepper, Mushrooms and Garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Sprinkle the Chicken Stock Cube over the mixture and cook until the granules disappear.
- Add the Tin of Tomatoes and the Dried Basil.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, add the Honey and Yeast Extract and stir through the mixture evenly.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add the Spinach and cook until the Spinach has wilted.
- Add Black Pepper to taste.