Pasta is always a firm favourite with children and this one will also appeal to their love of all things sweet.
Chicken Tomato Pasta is my son’s favourite tea and a clean plate is guaranteed.
The Honey takes away the tangy taste of the Tinned Tomatoes and the Dried Basil fills your kitchen with a fantastic aroma.
The Fusilli Pasta allows the tomato sauce to catch on it and envelope its spirals.
Onion and Garlic:
- Prebiotics in the onion and garlic may improve your gut health.
- Antibacterial and antiviral.
- May help boost immune system.
- Antioxidants, which may help prevent cancer.
- High in Vitamin C.
- Rich in Selenium, which may help boost your immune system.
- Vitamin D.
- Phytonutrients, which may help lower LDL cholesterol. This type of cholesterol may clog arteries, if allowed to increase.
- Contains choline, which is may help your memory, mood and muscle control.
- May be high in sodium. It is probably best left out of recipes if you have high blood pressure or need to reduce your sodium intake.
- High in B vitamins, which give you energy.
- May help decrease bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol. This may reduce the risk of heart disease. It should only be eaten in moderation.
- High in insoluble fibre, which bulks out the stool and may help to prevent constipation.
- High in carotenoids, which your body can turn into vitamin A.
- Vitamin C for healthy skin and immune system.
- Vitamin K1 helps prevent blood clotting. Half the recommended daily amount may be provided by one spinach leaf.
- Folic acid, which is great for pregnant women, to help promote healthy growth of the baby.
- Iron to feed body tissue with oxygen.
- Calcium for healthy bones, nervous system, heart, and muscles.
- Powerful anti-inflammatory antioxidants, which may help reduce the risk of a stroke and heart disease.
What Goes Well With This?
Serve with Feta sprinkled over the top.
Garlic bread is perfect with Chicken Tomato Pasta, but it will increase the calorie content of your meal considerably.
Mixing together the Chicken Stock and Yeast Extract will give a more even mixture, before pouring into the pan. Otherwise you may get a concentrated blob of the Yeast Extract in one area and none of its flavour in another area.
Can I store it in the fridge?
Cool to room temperature and store in the fridge in an airtight container for a couple of days. Reheat thoroughly in the pan before serving.
Can I store it in the freezer?
Cool to room temperature, store in an airtight container and freeze in portion sizes you are most likely to need. If cooking from frozen, empty into a pan and heat through thoroughly.
Chicken Tomato Pasta
- 1 tbsp Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Diced)
- 4 Chicken Breasts (Cubed)
- 1 Orange Pepper (Chunks or Slices)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (Chunk or Slices)
- 4 Closed Cup Mushrooms (Sliced)
- 4 cloves Garlic (Crushed or Finely Chopped)
- 1 Chicken Stock Cube
- 400 g 400g Tin of Tomatoes
- 2 tsp tsp of Dried Basil
- 1 tsp tsp Yeast Extract
- 1 tsp tsp Honey
- 2 cups Spinach
- 300 g Fusilli Pasta
- Black Pepper
- Heat a pan with the Olive Oil on a medium heat.
- Cook the Onion in the Olive Oil for a couple of minutes, until soft and transparent.
- Add the Chicken and cook until browned.
- Add the Orange and Yellow Pepper, Mushrooms and Garlic and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Sprinkle the Chicken Stock Cube over the mixture and cook until the granules disappear.
- Add the Tin of Tomatoes and the Dried Basil.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, add the Honey and Yeast Extract and stir through the mixture evenly.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving add the Spinach and cook until the Spinach has wilted.
- Add Black Pepper to taste.